Born in: India
Primary research category: Cognitive Neuroscience
Research location / employer: Institute of Psychology, Leiden University, Netherlands
Fellowship dates: 2010-2015
- Assistant Professor, Institute of Psychology, Leiden University, 2017 – present
- Group leader, Institute of Neuroinformatics, University of Zurich and ETH, 2011 – 2017
- Post-doc, Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience, University College London, 2011-2015
- Post-doc, Institute of Neuroinformatics, University of Zurich and ETH, 2009-2011
- PhD, ETH- Zurich, Switzerland
- BSc, Trinity College (CT) USA
Dr. Arko Ghosh combines detailed neuronal recordings with the rich logs of smartphone interactions to understand how the brain engages in this common behavior. He collaborates with clinical researchers world-wide to discover new behavioral markers of neuronal dysfunctions by leveraging the subtle behavioral changes captured on the smartphone.
- Discovered smartphone-related brain alterations.
- Found the mechanisms linking voluntary to involuntary movements.
- Discovered the key principles of brain plasticity in spinal cord injury.
- ETH Medal, 2010